Role: Operations Coordinator (FT)
Location: Chicago, IL
Start Date: December 2018 or January 2019
Healthbox, a leading healthcare innovation advisory firm, is seeking a resourceful, driven, organized, and creative new team member to join as Operations Coordinator. The Operations Coordinator will work across the organization to lead administrative functions and provide operational support to Business Development, Marketing, and Events as well as senior leadership. This person will help develop and coordinate internal processes and will serve as the administrative liaison between Healthbox and the HIMSS enterprise. This newly created position will report to Kristen Lux, Marketing & Strategy Manager, and work closely with Justin Gernot, Vice President and Neil Patel, President. This role is an excellent opportunity within a growing services firm for a professional with a background in administration, event operations, or HR and an interest in healthcare innovation.
This role includes the following responsibilites:
- Oversee company communications, including company calendar, information email account, and company voicemail line
- Coordinate weekly Team Meetings and other meetings as requested
- Maintain office area appearance; organize and manage supply inventory
- Serve as company liaison to Office & Building Managers as well as HIMSS HR, IT and Finance departments
- Provide administrative and clerical support to management as needed
Event Mangement & Operations
- Coordinate conferences, programs, and special events operations
- Support event marketing and communications efforts
- Plan and manage logistics for team outings, retreats, and select meetings
- Maintain employee directory and track team milestones
- Coordinate recruiting process; serve as point of contact for onboarding and offboarding process
- Develop and maintain the Employee Handbook
Business Development & Marketing Support
- Conduct market and business development research
- Input and track new contacts and opportunities in Salesforce
- Document notes in client meetings as requested
- Track and manage metrics from social media and sales platforms
Executive Assistance to the President
- Assist with calendar management and expense filing
- Register guests with the building and book meeting rooms
- Highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to manage varied and multiple projects
- Proven team player with the ability to lead and follow; ability to manage up, laterally, and outside of the organization
- Proactive, efficient, and service-focused with excellent time management skills
- Positive, professional, and strong personal presence
- Resourceful and creative problem-solver
- Exceptional communicator, both written and verbally
- High level of respect and discretion for confidential information
- Strong technology skills and highly proficient with Gmail and Microsoft Office software including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Background or interest in marketing and/or event management a plus
- Experience in talent recruitment or HR a plus
- Background or interest in healthcare innovation or technology a plus
- Some college preferred
- Work onsite in the Healthbox office, located in Chicago’s West Loop neighborhood
- Align with our values (listed below)
In addition to seeking a candidate with the right qualifications and skills, we are also seeking an individual that aligns with Healthbox’s core values:
- Embody Humble Confidence: We are confident because our passion drives us to perfect our craft and humble because we help our partners solve wicked problems.
- Be Radically Candid: We care personally about each other and challenge each other directly to support our personal and professional growth.
- Demonstrate Trust and Respect: Obsessed with producing exceptional results, we hold each other accountable, treat each other well, and help each other without expectation.
- Punch Above our Weight: We are scrappy and resilient, and we embrace the hustle – facing challenges head-on.
- Have Fun and Reflect: Our clients and partners are energized from being around us. We never forget that we are lucky to do what we love
Employee Benefits & Perks
In addition to competitive compensation, 401K and matching, and insurance benefits, enjoy team perks such as an office stocked with free healthy snack foods, monthly lunch reimbursements, transportation shuttle, and onsite gym.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Kate Berman, Chief of Staff, at email@example.com. Healthbox cannot respond to every inquiry but will contact you if there is a potential fit for the position.
Healthbox, a HIMSS Innovation Company, is a healthcare advisory firm that leading organizations trust with innovation and digital strategy development and execution. We help organizations build internal innovation programs and assess the commercial potential of employee-led projects. We also help organizations look to the market to find solutions to implement or invest in. Our work drives innovation from the inside and out, providing the tools and support needed to improve care and support organizational growth. Healthbox is proud to work with healthcare leaders who share our passion for building, harnessing, and advancing solutions to empower the reinvention of healthcare.
Healthbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthbox complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Healthbox expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Healthbox’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.