Role: Manager, Innovation Consulting
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: June 2019
Healthbox is seeking a creative, passionate, and driven professional with a deep understanding of healthcare to join our Innovation Consulting team. The position would be focused on supporting and delivering many of our innovation services, including Foundry, Commercialization Analysis, Solution Sourcing, Digital and Innovation Strategy, Workshops, and others.
- Manage daily operations and client relationships for innovation engagements
- Construct frameworks and advise on the implementation of innovation strategies for approaching client challenges
- Facilitate client meetings to vet, refine, and advance innovative ideas with strong commercialization potential and/or potential to scale across the client organization
- Build detailed business plans for healthcare inventions, packaging analysis of the solution, competitive landscape, market opportunity, workflow/implementation requirements, financial requirements for growth, etc.
- Lead a process to prioritize innovation themes, source, vet, and facilitate the selection of digital health companies
- Present recommendations for investment in and scale of commercially viable ideas
- Support business development, such as through creation of sales materials and proposals to drive new business with existing and/or prospective clients
- Potential to manage/mentor a team of associates and support their professional growth
- Across all client projects and other initiatives, delegate upwards, laterally, and downwards to effectively coordinate Healthbox activities
- Participate in Healthbox thought leadership by staying up-to-date on digital health, innovation and healthcare news/trends; develop thought-provoking collateral for current and potential clients and stakeholders
- Attend key events and conferences to represent Healthbox and our mission
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA or MHA degree preferred
- 5+ years work experience, primarily within consulting, healthcare, or technology industries
- Deep understanding of clinical, operational, and financial drivers that impact healthcare organization decision-making
- Innovative and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills)
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Intellectual curiosity above and beyond defined role
- Exceptional work ethic and drive
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the healthcare industry
- Experience leading and working across multiple complex projects at once
- Demonstrated leadership, vision, and strategy: this candidate must be able to think at a high level to influence strategy and mission while being able to get “in the weeds” and execute flawlessly on operational problems
- Ability to travel up to 30% of time required, but Chicago-based
- Authorization to work in the US. Healthbox will not sponsor visas
In addition to seeking a candidate with the right qualifications and skills, we are also seeking an individual that aligns with Healthbox’s core values:
- Embody Humble Confidence: We are confident because our passion drives us to perfect our craft and humble because we help our partners solve wicked problems.
- Be Radically Candid: We care personally about each other and challenge each other directly to support our personal and professional growth.
- Demonstrate Trust and Respect: Obsessed with producing exceptional results, we hold each other accountable, treat each other well, and help each other without expectation.
- Punch Above our Weight: We are scrappy and resilient, and we embrace the hustle –facing challenges head-on.
- Have Fun and Reflect: Our clients and partners are energized from being around us. We never forget that we are lucky to do what we love.
Employee Benefits & Perks
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, PTO, life & disability insurance, 401(k) program, a flexible spending account, and casual dress code. In addition, enjoy team perks such as an office stocked with free healthy snack foods, monthly lunch reimbursements, transportation shuttle, and onsite gym.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter explaining your story and “Why Healthbox” to Callie Patel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every inquiry. We will contact you if there is a potential fit with the open position. Thank you for your interest.
Healthbox, a HIMSS Innovation Company, is a healthcare advisory firm that leading organizations trust with innovation and digital strategy development and execution. Healthbox drives innovation from the inside and out, helping organizations build internal innovation programs in addition to assessing the commercial potential of employee-led projects. We also help them look to the market to find solutions to implement or invest in. Through both approaches, Healthbox provides the tools and support needed to improve care and support organizational growth. We are proud to work with industry leaders who share our passion for building, harnessing, and advancing solutions to empower the reinvention of healthcare.
Healthbox provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Healthbox complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Healthbox expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Healthbox’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.