Our guest today, Tressa Springmann, is the Vice President and Chief Information Officer for LifeBridge Health. Tressa joins us for this final episode in our series around Patient Identity in Value-Based Care.
LifeBridge Health is a regional health care organization based in northwest Baltimore and its surrounding counties. LifeBridge Health consists of Sinai Hospital of Baltimore, Northwest Hospital, Carroll Hospital, Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital, LifeBridge Health & Fitness, hundreds of primary care and specialty physicians throughout the region, and many affiliated health-related partners.
Prior to joining LifeBridge Health, Tressa was the Vice President and Chief Information Officer for the Greater Baltimore Medical Center. In addition, Tressa has a Masters of Administrative Science in Information Technology (MAS) from John Hopkins University and she currently serves as the chair of the technology committee of the Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients.
A few of the topics we get into in this episode:
• An overview of Tressa’s background and how she came to her role at LifeBridge
• How LifeBridge is approaching the shift from FFS to value-based care and what are some of the larger trends or themes Tressa has seen across the healthcare industry with respect to value-based care
• How LifeBridge is approaching value-based care using innovation and the types of programs in place at LifeBridge to support innovation
• Why Tressa believes it is important for patients to own their own medical data
• LifeBridge’s approach to embracing digital health solution in the population health space and fostering innovation rather than stifling it
• How Tressa is involved with CRISP – the Chesapeake Regional Information System for our Patients – and what solutions like Health Information Exchanges are doing to forward value-based care
Connect with Tressa:
Connect with LifeBridge:
Connect with Healthbox
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow me on Twitter
- Subscribe and leave a review in iTunes
- Have guest suggestions or topic ideas for the podcast? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org