This week’s episode is the third and final installment of our series in On-Demand Healthcare. Our guest today is Kelly Perdew, Managing General Partner of Moonshots Capital – an early stage angel syndicate that invests in early stage technology companies and leans in heavily on veteran founded companies. He is co-founder & Managing Partner at The DuMont Project – a consultative agency that helps accelerate the growth of direct to consumer brands. Prior to DuMont Project he was the CEO of Fastpoint Games, a venture-backed leading developer of live data-driven games for the fortune 500 brand set.
Kelly earned a BS from the US Military Academy, West Point, a JD from the UCLA School of Law, and an MBA from the Anderson School at UCLA. Kelly served in the US Army as a Military Intelligence Officer and completed Airborne and Ranger training and is also an accomplished author and speaker on leadership.
At Moonshot Capital Kelly and his cofounder Craig Cummings bring a disciplined approach to the investment process to identify companies with exceptional growth potential. They form close working relationships with the companies they back to help them achieve their critical milestones and frequently take on Board seats or formal advisory roles. As West Point graduates and veterans, they look to invest 50% of all deals in companies that are military veteran founded or run.
In addition to all of this, Kelly was the winner of the 2nd season of NBC’s “The Apprentice”!
In this Episode, Kelly speaks with Chuck and Healthbox Fund Associate Caroline Arenz about:
- Kelly’s fascinating background and experience
- After his experience as a company founder and CEO, how Kelly got into Angel and venture investing
- How Kelly defines a “moonshot” and his clear set of determining factors that allows him to make quick “no” decisions
- How Kelly got interested in On-Demand Healthcare and what led to his investment in PlushCare and why he considers PlushCare a “moonshot”
- What Kelly thinks thats healthcare companies could learn from taking ideas from other industries
- Of the 10 point checklist of selection criteria for companies Kelly invests in, which are the most important things he is looking for in the company founders he looks to invest in
Connect with Kelly
Connect with Moonshots Capital
Connect with Healthbox