This week’s featured interview is with Sumit Nagpal, Co-Founder, CEO – LumiraDx, Inc. and Co-Founder, Chief Architect and UX Officer – LumiraDx Holdings Limited, in the first of our series around Remote Monitoring. LumiraDx provides a remote monitoring tool in which 3rd party devices can be integrated along with LumiraDx’s unique digital assay device that integrates with 3rd party devices such as the Apple Watch and Withings Pulse. These devices all feed into an analytics tool and cloud platform to provide care management teams meaningful data.
Sumit founded LumiraDx in 2014 and is currently a Member of the Health IT Policy Committee for Advanced Health Models as well as a Senior HIMSS Member. Sumit has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Minority Executive to Watch in 2016 and has received the award as one of the Trailblazers in Healthcare IT by HIT Men and Women Awards. Prior to founding LumiraDx, Sumit was President and CEO of Alere Accountable Care Solutions and before that was Founder, President and CEO of Wellogic.
In this episode:
- How Sumit came to co-found LumiraDx?
- The 3 typical categories of buyers for population health offerings: Providers, payers, and employers.
- Trends in the willingness to adopt this type of technology among Providers and hospital systems?
- LumiraDx’s integration with Epic.
- The biggest challenges Sumit and LumiraDx have faced and how the company overcame them?
- Conditions in healthcare right now that is allowing for these types of technological advances.
- What Sumit sees as the future for healthcare focused wearable technology.
- What Sumit wishes he knew when he started his career.
Links mentioned in the show:
Connect with Sumit:
Learn more about LumiraDx:
Connect with Healthbox:
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe and leave a review in iTunes
- Have guest suggestions or topic ideas for the podcast? Send them to us at firstname.lastname@example.org